The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme encourages personal academic excellence through the application of inquiry-based learning and higher order thinking skills. In designing rich and challenging learning experiences, our teachers ensure all boys have the opportunity for extension within the classroom environment and enrichment beyond the classroom, to support their academic, social and emotional development.
There are many parallels between gifted education and the MYP framework including:
- concept-based curriculum and instruction, encouraging students to draw connections between facts and understand their place in the world
- authentic assessment tasks requiring a real-world application of understanding and skills
- development of critical thinking skills
- development of students’ independent inquiry
- higher order thinking skills
- development of meta-cognitive understanding