The trekking and skiing expedition will be held during the last week of Winter Term and the first week of the September/October holidays. The tour is based in Queenstown in the South Island of New Zealand. Over many years this has proven to be an excellent destination offering an amazing wilderness location for trekking, consistent skiing conditions and a large range of additional optional adventure activities (e.g. bungy jumping and sky diving) for you to consider.
- Return airfares and taxes Perth/Queenstown/Perth.
- 5 days trekking the Greenstone/Caples, Kepler or Routeburn Track (weather dependent).
- 5 days ski at Cardrona with daily lessons and equipment hire.
- All meals, including some restaurant meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional adventure activities (paid by the individual and not included in cost).
- Students with a known medical condition for example (diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma) or a recent injury will require a doctors medical clearance and action plan.
- Fitness capacity to hike with a full pack for 5 days up to 15km/day and ski up to 7 hours per day for 5 days is essential.