On this expedition students will complete their PADI (Open Water Diver Certification). This will include an introductory pool dive and four ocean dives. Students will be required to pass the medical requirements and have sufficient water proficiency that will be tested prior. Weather permitting, this expedition will also include a day’s charter in search of the whale sharks, where students may be given the opportunity to snorkel with these majestic creatures. Please note that there is an online component to this certification that must be completed before departure.
Students who already hold an Open Water Diver Certification should NOT choose this expedition.
- Non asthmatic.
- Students with a known medical condition for example (diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma) or a recent injury will require a doctors medical clearance and action plan.
- Ability to equalise (students with ear problems will require medical clearance).
- Ability to swim 200m without buoyancy and tread water for 5 minutes.
- Basic snorkelling skills.
- Medical clearance, for a range of medical exclusions.
For a list of WA Doctors who perform dive medicals follow this link DIVE MEDICAL LIST