The Food Design course is an excellent opportunity for students wanting to develop their knowledge and understanding of food and the food industry. The course focuses on developing culinary skills and fostering a passion for cooking and confidence to prepare meals at home. Students will develop an understanding of meal planning, preparing, producing and evaluating. There is a strong emphasis on working safely and hygienically.
This course will provide a practical foundation for the Hospitality Course in Year 11, as well as preparing the boys with valuable life skills for the world beyond.
Students will create solutions to problems by:
- Investigating and defining
- Producing and implementing
- Collaborating and managing
The following non-technical Approaches to Learning (ATL) skills will be explicitly taught through the course:
- Social: Collaboration Skills – IB.ATL.SOC.1.07 Manage and resolve conflict, and work collaboratively in teams.
- Thinking: Critical Thinking – IB.ATL.THI.1.115 Propose and evaluate a variety of solutions.
- Self-management: Organisation Skills – IB.ATL.MAN.1.10 Select and use technology effectively and productively.